Tuesday 18 November 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Anne of Green Gables, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1919!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1919 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Harry Gray: American production manufacturer and CEO of United Technologies, a subsidiary of American Medical Holdings.
- André Mahé: French road bicycle racer, a professional rider from 1945 until 1954.
- Georgia Carroll: American singer, fashion model, and actress, best known for her work with Kay Kyser's big band orchestra in the mid-1940s.
- Carl Holmquist: Salt Lake City Military man.
- Jocelyn Brando: San Francisco, California -- Actress (Ugly American).
- Ferdinand Domela Newenhouse: Anarchist (free socialist).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Can't Get Lovin' Where There Ain't No Love - Nora Bayes
- Oh! How She Can Sing - Van & Schenck
- You Don't Need the Wine to Have a Wonderful Time - Eddie Cantor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 November 1919 and get them!