Thursday 18 October 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1956 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Martina Navratilova: Czechoslovakian-American tennis champion, outstanding with 167 titles, including nine Wimbledon singles.
- Isabelle Autissier: French professional sailor and winner of the 1994-'95 Gold (Solo) Race; 1994-95 BOC Challenge (dismasted on Leg 2, boat lost, withdrew) and the 1997-98 Whitbread Round The World Race, legs 8 and 9. Prior to that, she and two crew members sailed her Open 60, PRB in The Gold Cup, a race from New York to San Francisco around Cape Horn.
- Craig Bartlett: American animator producer screenwriter and voice actor.
- Alkistis Protopsalti: Egyptian-Greek singer.
- Jim Talent: American lawyer and politician.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?