Saturday 19 April 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wayne Robinson and Steve Antin.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1958 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Wayne Robinson: American athlete, played pro basketball with Detroit for one season in 1980-81.
- Steve Antin: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Denis O'Brien: Irish businessman founded BT Ireland.
- Vytautas Šapranauskas: Lithuanian actor (d. 2013).
- 62nd Boston Marathon won by Franjo Mihalic of Yugoslavia in 2:25:54.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Breathless
- Huey (Piano) Smith - Don't You Just Know It
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?