Tuesday 19 August 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Ford and Paula Jai Parker.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Restaurant, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapitän Harmsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1969 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Scott Ford: Norbrooke, Germany -- Golfer (1994 Trafalgar CPGA-2nd).
- Paula Jai Parker: American actress.
- Matthew Perry: American actor, best known for his role as Chandler Bing in the long-running hit TV series, "Friends.
- Paula Parker: Movie Actress.
- Karan : Movie Actor.
- Nate Dogg: American rapper, Nathaniel Dwayne Hale. (Born 1969)
- Kirk Herbstreit: American football analyst (College GameDay)
- Emigdio Preciado: Hispanic fugitive on FBI's Most Wanted list
- Kazuyoshi Tatsunami: Japanese baseball player and coach
- Patrick Van Horn: American actor
- Clay Walker: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Chicago Cubs' Ken Holtzman no-hits Atlanta Braves, 3-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- The Guess Who - Laughing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?