Wednesday 19 August 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Inglourious Basterds, directed by Quentin Tarantino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 August 2009 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 August
- Don Hewitt: television news producer & director; creator of 60 Minutes (Born 1922).
- A series of bombings in Baghdad, Iraq, kills 101 and injures 565 others.
- Seven car bombs are detonated in Baghdad, killing at least 95, and wounding nearly 600. (The Times)
- Sierra Leone's annual rains kill 15 people and displace hundreds of others. (IOL)
- The United States and Switzerland sign an agreement designed to end a tax evasion dispute surrounding UBS U.S. customers. (BBC)
- Spanish police capture two suspected members, Aitzol Etxaburu and Andoni Sarasola, of the Basque-region separatist group ETA. (CNN)
- John Marek becomes the 68th death row inmate in the state of Florida, United States to be executed by lethal injection since the death sentence was re-instated in 1979. (Miami Herald)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?