Sunday 19 July 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1908 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Emile Degand: Belgium sport Champion.
- Oswaldo Garcia Hercelles: Peruvian physician and politician.
- Rino Genovese: Italian film actor, who died on 5 June 1967 in Naples.
- Feyenoord soccer team forms in Rotterdam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Madama Butterfly - Finale Act I: O Quantiocchi Fisi (O Kindly Heavens) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?