Sunday 19 September 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katrina McClain and Debbye Turner.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Help! by The Beatles.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beat-Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1965 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Katrina McClain: Charleston, South Carolina -- Basketball forward (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Debbye Turner: Miss America (1990).
- Helen Duval: Dutch adult movie actress.
- Gilles Panizzi: French rally driver on the World Rally Championship circuit.
- Sabine Paturel: French singer and actress.
- Alexandra Vandernoot: Belgian actress and producer
- Sunita Williams: American captain pilot and astronaut
- Clifford Ann Creed wins LPGA Visalia Golf Open
- Erhards CDU wins West German parliament elections
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Help!
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?