Thursday 20 April 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Union Pacific, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1939 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Claude Berejnoi: .
- Peter S Beagle: American author.
- Gro Harlem Brundtland: Norwegian Premier (1981-82, 86-89, 90- ).
- Peter Beagle: American author and screenwriter.
- Ray Brooks: English actor.
- Johnny Tillotson: American singer-songwriter
- Gro Brundtland: Norwegian politician, the first female Prime Minister of Norway who took office on 2/04/1981. The daughter of a physician who was a Nazi Resister, she was smuggled to Sweden when she was two. Brundtland married Arne Olav Brundtland in 1960; they have four kids.
- New York World's Fair opens.
- Adolf Hitler's 50th birthday is celebrated as a national holiday in Nazi Germany
- Billie Holiday records the first Civil Rights song ''Strange Fruit''.
- Billie Holiday records quotStrange Fruitquot, the first anti-lynching song.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 April 1939 and get them!