Monday 20 April 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to ABC by The Jackson 5.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1970 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Sarantuya : Mongolian soprano.
- Francis Campbell: Irish academic and diplomat British Ambassador to the Holy See.
- Avishai Cohen: Israeli singer-songwriter and bassist.
- Sarah Gavron: English director and producer.
- Adriano Moraes: Brazilian rodeo performer.
- Ben Weir: Rock Island, Illinois -- Canadian Tour golfer (1993 Bogey Hills-2nd)
- Shemar Moore in Oakland: California, USA; actor (Malcolm - The Young and the Restless).
- Stephane Dieterich: French homicide victim, a student in a business school with a brilliant record. He was murdered 7/04/1994 with no apparent motive. A TV broadcast called for witnesses.
- Ben Weir in Rock Island: Illinois, USA; Canadian Tour golfer (1993 Bogey Hills-second).
- Saraa: Mongolian singer
- Shemar Moore: American actor and former fashion model. His most notable roles are that of Malcolm Winters on The Young and the Restless from 1994 to 2005, Derek Morgan on CBS's Criminal Minds from 2005 to present, and as the third permanent host of Soul Train from 1999 to 2003.
- 74th Boston Marathon won by Ron Hill of Great Britain in 2:10:30 (new US marathon record).
- Bruno Kreisky becomes first socialist chancellor of Austria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 April 1970 and get them!