Thursday 23 April 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to ABC by The Jackson 5.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1970 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Cristiano Caratti: in Italy; tennis star (1987 Orange Bowl boys doubles).
- Frank Temming: WLAF running back (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Dennis Bayne Culp: American singer/songwriter.
- Sadao Abe: Japanese actor and singer (Group Tamashii).
- Egemen Bağış: Turkish politician 1st Minister of European Union Affairs.
- Scott Bairstow: Canadian actor
- Dennis Culp: American singer-songwriter and trombonist (Five Iron Frenzy and Brave Saint Saturn)
- Andrew Gee: Australian rugby player and manager
- Hans Välimäki: Finnish chef and author
- Herb Shriner: Humorist / TV host ( Show), dies at 51.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?