Wednesday 20 August 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1913 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Paul Maye: France sport Champion.
- Roger Wolcott Sperry: American neurobiologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1994).
- Roger Huron: Toulouse physician.
- Conrad Hermann Hubertius Maria Apollinaris Josten: Jazz guitarist.
- Jean-Paul Dadelsen: France Writer.
- Roger Sperry: American neuropsychologist and neurobiologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994)
- Piotr Nesterow 1st flight (Kiev Ukraine)
- above Buc, France, parachutist Adolphe Pegoud jumps from an airplane and lands safely.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?