Wednesday 20 January 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1926 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Patricia Neal: American actress who was a Broadway success from her stage debut in 1945.
- David Eugene Tudor: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer.
- Michael Higgins in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (1918, Wanda, Black Stallion).
- Patricia Neal in Packard: Kentucky, USA; actress (Hud, Subject Was Roses).
- Robert L Van Citters: Cardiology / advisory panelist / UW dean.
- David Tudor: American pianist and composer (d. 1996)
- Qurratulain Hyder: Indian and Pakistani novelist (d. 2007)
- Jamiluddin Aali: Pakistani poet, essayist and columnist
- Bernard Lavalette: French actor who specializes in supporting roles in film, often playing "official" characters such as an Admiral, Colonel, MP, minister or prefect.
- 2nd German government of Luther begins
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Revelers - Dinah
- My Yiddishe Momme - Willie Howard
- Lullaby Lane - Frank Munn
- Oh Boy! What A Girl - Eddie Cantor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?