Sunday 3 January 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Overbea and W Michael Blumenthal.
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1926 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Danny Overbea: Blues singer / guitarist.
- W Michael Blumenthal: American businessman, civil servant, and 64th United States Secretary of the Treasury.
- George Martin: English record producer, arranger, composer, conductor, audio engineer and musician.
- W Blumenthal: American economist and politician 64th United States Secretary of the Treasury.
- Theodoros Pangalos declares himself dictator in Greece.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 January 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?