Thursday 21 January 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1926 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Franco Evangelisti: Italian composer.
- Raf Reymen: Flemish actor.
- Laxman Pai: Indian artist who has more than one hundred solo exhibitions to his credit including nine in Paris, where he worked for ten years (1951-1961).
- Paul Burke in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Neal - Dynasty).
- Roger Taillibert: French architect, notable for designing the Parc des Princes in Paris and the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada.
- André Wormser: French banker, who died in Paris on 3 April 2008.
- Lyn Osborn: American actor, best remembered as 'Cadet Happy' on "Space Patrol" (1950-1955) and from his role in "Invasion of the Saucer Men" (1957).
- Brian Brockless: English organist composer and conductor (d. 1995)
- Steve Reeves: American physical culturist, a 6' 1", 215-lb winner of the contests for Mr. America, 1947 and Mr. Universe, 1950. He became a star actor since 1953 in Italian muscle-man spectaculars such as "Goliath and the Barbarians," "The Giant of Marathon" and "The Thief of Baghdad." He was the epitome of "Hercules" in the series of films he made in the '50s and '60s.
- Camillo Golgi: Italian physician, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1843).
- Belgian parliament accepts Locarno treaties.
- The Belgian Parliament accepts the Locarno treaties.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Revelers - Dinah
- My Yiddishe Momme - Willie Howard
- Lullaby Lane - Frank Munn
- Oh Boy! What A Girl - Eddie Cantor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 January 1926 and get them!