Saturday 20 January 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Beckwith and Robert Olen Butler.
Objective, Burma!, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching La piste aux étoiles (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1945 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Peter Beckwith: English real estate developer / multi-millionaire.
- Robert Olen Butler: American writer.
- Christopher Martin-Jenkins: English journalist and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Eric Stewart: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (10cc Hotlegs Mandalaband and The Mindbenders).
- FDR sworn-in for an unprecedented 4th term as President
- World War II: Germany begins the evacuation of 1.8 million people from East Prussia, a task which will take nearly two months.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Kate Smith - Don't Fence Me In
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Always
- There Goes That Song Again - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
- Don't Fence Me In - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - There Goes That Song Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?