Monday 20 March 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Captain Starlight, or Gentleman of the Road, directed by Alfred Rolfe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1911 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Mieke Verstraete: Belgian / Dutch actress (Pleasantly Settled).
- Paul Fraisse: French psychologist, Master of Conferences in Psychology at the Catholic Faculties of Lyon, 1937-39.
- Alfonso Garcia Robles: Mexican diplomat and politician who, in conjunction with Sweden's Alva Myrdal, received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1982.
- Alfonso Robles: Mexican lawyer and diplomat Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1991).
- Jean-Theodore Radoux composer: dies at age 75.
- National Squah Tennis Association formed (New York City, New York).
- Winter Garden Theater opens at 1634 Broadway New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Grizzly Bear - American Quartet
- Enrico Caruso - For You Alone
- I'm Looking for a Nice Young Fellow Who is Looking for a Nice Young Girl - American Quartet & Ada Jones
- The Dublin Rag - Ada Jones
- The Old Oaken Bucket - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?