Wednesday 8 March 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Mystery of a Hansom Cab, directed by W.J. Lincoln, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1911 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Raymond Moureyre: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Mouila.
- Alan Hovhaness: Somerville, Massachusetts -- Composer (Lousadzak, Ukiyo).
- Elsie Agnes Giorgi: Physician / humanitarian.
- International Women's Day is launched in Copenhagen, Denmark, by Clara Zetkin, leader of the Women's Office for the Social Democratic Party in Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Kiss Me, My Honey, Kiss Me - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?