Tuesday 20 March 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Badge of Courage, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1951 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Madan Lal: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Curt Smith: American author and journalist.
- Jimmie Vaughan: American guitarist (The Fabulous Thunderbirds).
- Guy Perry: Rock guitarist / vocalist (Motels-Only the Lonely).
- Tanya Boyd in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actress (Celeste - Days of Our Lives).
- Tanya Boyd: American actress and singer best known for her portrayal of the mysterious and spiritual Celeste Perrault on the television soap opera, "Days of Our Lives."
- John Wetton rocker (Asia: United Kingdom, King Crimson).
- Indonesian army offensive against Darul Islam on Java.
- Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshu is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 March 1951 and get them!