Saturday 21 October 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Ahlberg and Bruce Lipton.
None But the Lonely Heart, directed by Clifford Odets, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1944 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Janet Ahlberg: Illustrator.
- Bruce Lipton: American writer, teacher and scientist.
- Jean-Pierre Sauvage: French coordination chemist, specializing in supramolecular chemistry.
- Ene Mihkelson: Estonian author and poet.
- Mandy Rice-Davies: English model and actress (d. 2014).
- Michael Tugendhat: English lawyer and judge
- Alois Kayser: German missionary to Nauru (Born 1877).
- Canadian troops occupy Breskens
- During WWII, US troops capture Aachen, 1st large German city to fall
- US troops capture Aachen, first large German city to fall.
- The first kamikaze attack: A Japanese plane carrying a 200 kilograms (440 lb) bomb attacks HMAS Australia off Leyte Island, as the Battle of Leyte Gulf began.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Trolley Song - Pied Pipers
- Let's Sing A Song About Susie - Merry Macs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?