Thursday 21 September 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Thunder Rock, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1944 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Susan Fleetwood: British stage, film and television actress, best known as a star of the classical theatre companies of England.
- Hamilton Jordan: American government official and White House Chief of Staff under President Jimmy Carter.
- Marc Fiévet: French spy who worked in customs, best known for his undercover activities that brought down a major drug trafficking mafia.
- Matt Aitch: American athlete, played pro basketball for one year in 1967.
- Fannie Flagg in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; actress/comediene (Candid Camera).
- Susan Maureen Fleetwood: Scotland, United Kingdom -- Actress (Krays, Sacrifice)
- Steve Beshear: American lawyer and politician 61st Governor of Kentucky
- Marcus Binney: English historian and author
- Fannie Flagg: American actress and author
- Bobby Tench: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Gass Hummingbird Humble Pie and Streetwalkers)
- William Jordan: Charlotte Politician
- Artur Phleps: German Waffen-SS officer (Born 1881).
- Last British paratroopers at bridge of Arnhem surrenders
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - It Had To Be You
- And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal Anita O'Day)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?