Sunday 29 October 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Woman in the Window, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1944 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Claude Brochu: Canadian businessman and sports executive (Montreal Expos).
- Mehmet Haberal: Turkish surgeon and academic.
- Denny Laine: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Moody Blues Ginger Baker's Air Force and Wings).
- Fausto Leali: Italian singer, famous for his rough and aggressive voice, in sharp contrast with Italian melody conventions.
- Otto Wiesheu: German minister.
- Robbie van Leeuwen: Dutch guitarist (Shocking Blue)
- 1st Polish Armoured Division liberates Breda Neth
- Breda freed
- Cabadese 2nd Infantry division frees Goes South-Beveland
- The city of Breda in the Netherlands is liberated by 1st Polish Armoured Division.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dance With A Dolly (With a Hole In Her Stocking) - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?