Friday 27 October 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Woman in the Window, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1944 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- John Hahn: American baseball player, a Silver medal champion at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.
- JA Jance: American celebrated writer of mysteries and children's books.
- J Jance: American author and poet.
- Jean Trillo: French rugby player, one of the best modern day centers of French rugby.
- Iman J Van de Bosch: Belgian resistance fighter.
- Hertogenbosch and Tilburg freed from Nazi occupation
- Tito reaches free Belgrade
- World War II: German forces capture Banska Bystrica during Slovak National Uprising thus bringing it to an end.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Trolley Song - Pied Pipers
- Let's Sing A Song About Susie - Merry Macs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1944 and get them!