Sunday 21 October 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1962 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Don Fardon: Toowoomba, Queensland -- Australasia golfer.
- David Campese: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Carlsbad Cavern Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Dickey Lee - Patches
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 October 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?