Monday 22 December 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Paradine Case, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1947 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Charlie Marshall: American entertainer, singer.
- Brian C Daley: United States -- Sci-fi author (Exploits of Han Solo, Tron).
- Brian Daley: American sci-fi writer whose first novel, "The Doomfarers of Coramonde" was published in 1977.
- Italian constituent assembly adopts new constitution.
- The Constituent Assembly of Italy approves the Constitution of Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Serenade of the Bells - Jo Stafford
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1947 and get them!