Friday 19 December 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Double Life, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1947 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Janie Fricke in South Whitley: Indiana, USA; country singer ("It Ain't Easy Bein' Easy").
- Alain Fournier: French novelist and journalist, who wrote under the pseudonym, A. D. G. (Alain Dreux Gallou).
- Janie Fricke: Country Singer.
- Jimmy Bain: Scottish bass player and songwriter (Rainbow Wild Horses and Dio) (d. 2016).
- Charlie Van Dyke: American actor and radio disc jockey.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - A Gal in Calico
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?