Wednesday 22 December 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Urszula Włodarczyk .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Over And Over by The Dave Clark Five.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Urszula Włodarczyk: Polish heptathlete and triple jumper.
- Great-Britain sets maximum speed at 70 mph
- Radio Mil (Domincan Republic) transmitter blown up
- Belgian government shuts six coal mines.
- In the United Kingdom, a 70 mph speed limit is applied to all rural roads including motorways for the first time. Previously, there had been no speed limit.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- The McCoys - Fever
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?