Sunday 22 January 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Gillingham and Ecaterina Szabo.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Fistful of Dollars, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Null Uhr Eins bis Mitternacht - Der abenteuerliche Urlaub des Mark Lissen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1967 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Nicholas Gillingham: British swimmer (world record 200m freestyle).
- Ecaterina Szabo: Romanian gymnast.
- Lionel Plumenail: French fencer, nicknamed "Plume," who won a gold medal in the team foil at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, together with Jean-Noël Ferrari, Brice Guyart and Patrice Lhotellier.
- Nick Gillingham: English swimmer.
- Eleanor McEvoy: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Manabu Nakanishi: Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist
- NFL Pro Bowl: East beats West 20-10.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Nashville Cats
- The 4 Seasons - Tell It To The Rain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?