Friday 22 November 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1957 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Donny Deutsch: American businessman and television host.
- G Junior: French actor and disco singer, son of musician Gérard Gustin, he chose G.G.
- Sharon Bailey: rocker (Amazulu - "Excitable").
- Miles Davis Quintet debuts a jazz concert at Carnegie Hall in New York
- Simon and Garfunkel appear on American Bandstand as Tom and Jerry
- Mickey Mantle beats Ted Williams by one vote for baseball's Most Valuable Player.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?