Sunday 17 November 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1957 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- WBOY TV channel 12 in Clarksburg, WV (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- Vickers Viscount G-AOHP of British European Airways crashes at Ballerup after the failure of three engines on approach to Copenhagen Airport. The cause is a malfunction of the anti-icing system on the aircraft.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 November 1957 and get them!