Friday 8 November 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1957 ?
- Barry Cowger: American astrologer with a masters in counseling in the Psychology dept.
- Tim Shaw: American swimmer and water polo player, he has won Olympic medals in both sports.
- Alan Curbishley: English footballer and manager.
- Porl Thompson: English guitarist and songwriter (The Cure Easy Cure Malice and Shelleyan Orphan).
- Hardi Volmer: Estonian singer and director (Singer Vinger).
- Robert Deveza: Algerian-American homosexual who had AIDS diagnosed 3/09/1992; died 4/10/1993.
- Great Britain performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island
- Operation Grapple X, Round C1: Britain conducts its first successful hydrogen bomb test over Kiritimati in the Pacific.
- Film ''Jailhouse Rock'' opens across the U.S. to reach #3, and Elvis Presley continues to gain more notoriety.
- Gordon Gould invents the laser.
- Flooding in the Po River valley of Italy leads to flooding also in Venice.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 November 1957 and get them!