Saturday 30 November 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joel Champetier and Colin Mochrie.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Sayonara, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aktuelle Schaubude.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1957 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Joel Champetier: French Canadian author.
- Colin Mochrie: Scottish-born Canadian comedian.
- John Ashton: English guitarist songwriter and producer (The Psychedelic Furs).
- Richard Barbieri: English keyboard player and songwriter (Porcupine Tree Japan and The Dolphin Brothers).
- Andrew Calhoun: American singer-songwriter.
- Joël Champetier: Canadian author and screenwriter (d. 2015)
- Patrick McLoughlin: English miner and politician Secretary of State for Transport
- Margaret Spellings: American educator and politician 8th United States Secretary of Education
- Beniamino Gigli: Italian opera singer, a great bel canto lyric tenor with a powerful and superb voice.
- Happy Hunting closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 413 performances
- 45th CFL Grey Cup: Hamilton Tiger-Cats defeats Winn Blue Bombers, 32-7
- Assassination attempt on Indonesian President Sukarno, kills 8
- Indonesian president Sukarno survives a grenade attack at the Cikini School in Jakarta, but six children are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?