Tuesday 23 March 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Quality Street, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1937 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Craig Breedlove: American race car driver who established a new world speed record on 11/15/1965 with a jet powered car at an average speed of 600 mph.
- Craig Breedlove in Los Angeles: California, USA; auto-racing champion (600 MPH - Spirit of America).
- Heinz Martin Lonquich: Composer.
- Lenore Canter: American pro astrologer with a private practice in upstate New York that first began on 8/13/1969.
- Tony Burton: American boxer and actor.
- Robert Gallo: American physician and academic
- Helge Rode: Danish Poet / essayist, dies at 66.
- LA Railway Co starts using PCC streetcars
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1937 and get them!