Wednesday 23 October 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Nights of Cabiria, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1957 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Paul Kagame: Rwandan soldier and politician 6th President of Rwanda.
- Martin King: Civil Rights Leader.
- Louann Fernald San Antonio TX: Playmate (Jun, 1979).
- Sue Ertl: LPGA golfer.
- Dwight Lowry: American baseball player.
- Martin Luther King III: American human rights advocate
- 1st test firing of Vanguard satellite launch vehicle, TV-3
- First test firing of Vanguard satellite launch vehicle, TV-3.
- Morocco begins its invasion of Ifni.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?