Friday 23 November 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Silent Man, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1917 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Michael Gough: Kuala Lumpur, Malaya -- Actor (Search for the Nile).
- Maurice Tissandier: Charlieu physician.
- The Bolsheviks release the full text of the previously secret Sykes-Picot Agreement in ''Izvestia'' and ''Pravda'' it is subsequently printed in the ''Manchester Guardian'' on November 26.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Brown Brothers
- Beale Street Blues - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?