Monday 24 June 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Hamill and Terry Riley in Colfax.
The Dawn Rider, directed by R.N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1935!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1935 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Pete Hamill: Brooklyn, New York -- Journalist (NY Post).
- Terry Riley in Colfax: California, USA; composer (Spectra).
- John McCaughan: Canadian administrator and CEO of Betz Laboratories, a wastewater treatment chemical and water control systems company.
- Terry Riley: American composer and educator.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?