Saturday 24 March 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1917 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Constantine Andreou: Brazilian-Greek painter and sculptor (d. 2007).
- Frank Villard: France Actor.
- John Kendrew: British biochemist who determined the three-dimensional structure of the muscle protein myoglobin, which stores oxygen in muscle cells.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's Egypt in Your Dreamy Eyes - George Wilson
- Poor Butterfly - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?