Thursday 29 March 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1917 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Man War: American race horse (d. 1947).
- Man o' War: American thoroughbred racehorse (d. 1947).
- Arthur Knight: CEO (Courtaulds).
- Fran Gerbic composer: dies at age 76.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Prince's Orchestra
- There's Egypt in Your Dreamy Eyes - George Wilson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 March 1917 and get them!