Tuesday 6 March 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1917 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Danilo Michelini: Italian soccer player.
- Ernesto Alonso: Mexican producer, director, cinematographer and actor.
- Donald Davidson: American philosopher and academic (d. 2003).
- Will Eisner: American illustrator and cartoonist (d. 2005).
- Frankie Howerd: English comedian and comic actor whose career spanned six decades.
- J A: Mommersteeg Dutch Assistant Secretary of Defense (KVP).
- Jules HPFX Vandenpeereboom premier of Belgium (1899): dies at age 73.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Katinka (Medley) - Victor Military Band
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - Peerless Quartet
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Morton Harvey
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?