Monday 24 March 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pieter W and Paul McCandless.
The Farmer's Daughter, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Show Business, Inc..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1947 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Pieter W: Coetzer; South African journalist/Member of Parliament (NP).
- Paul McCandless: rocker ("Torches on the Lake").
- Archie Gemmill: Scottish footballer (Captain of Scotland international team), most famous for a goal he scored against the Netherlands in the 1978 FIFA World Cup.
- Dennis Erickson: American coach.
- Patrick Bourbeillon: French athlete who competed in the 1972 Summer Olympics.
- Roger Mears: American professional race car driver who has won several times with his brother, Rick Mears.
- Alan Sugar: English multi-millionaire / computer manufacturer (Amstrad)
- Christine Gregoire: American lawyer and politician 22nd Governor of Washington
- Mick Jones: English footballer and coach
- Meiko Kaji: Japanese actress and singer
- Congress proposes 2-term limitation on the presidency
- US Congress proposes two-term limitation on the Presidency.
- John D Rockefeller Jr donates New York City East River site to the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?