Thursday 24 March 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Lang in MontrTal and Tabitha Spruce.
The Set-Up, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1949 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Steve Lang in MontrTal: Quebec, Canada; rock bassist (April Wine - "Just Between You and Me").
- Tabitha Spruce: American writer, poet and activist.
- Tabitha King: American author and poet.
- Ruud Krol: Dutch footballer and coach.
- Steve Lang: Canadian bass player (April Wine and Mashmakhan).
- Nick Lowe: English singer-songwriter and producer (Rockpile and Little Village)
- Ali Salehi: Iranian academic and politician 36th Foreign Affairs Minister of Iran
- Ranil Wickremesinghe: Sri Lankan lawyer and politician 13th Prime Minister of Sri Lanka
- 21st Academy Awards: Hamlet, Laurence Olivier, and Jane Wyman win.
- Walter and John Huston become first father-and-son team to win Oscars (actor and director of Treasure of Sierra Madre).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - Forever and Ever
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
- Cruising Down the River - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?