Friday 4 March 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tomislav Trific and Pierre-Joseph Goetz.
Little Women, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1949 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Tomislav Trific: Serbian graphic artist.
- Pierre-Joseph Goetz: French sports commentator at the Paris-Vincennes Hippodrome, for the Prix d'Amérique.
- Carroll Baker: Canadian country singer and songwriter.
- Sergei Bagapsh: President of the partially recognized de facto independent Republic of Abkhazia.
- Cookie Mueller: American actress and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Tomislav Trifić: Serbian illustrator and academic
- Clarence Kingsbury: British track cyclist (Born 1882).
- Andrei Vishinsky succeeds Molotov as Soviet Foreign minister.
- Piet Van de Pol (Netherlands) becomes world champion billiard player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Russ Morgan & His Orchestra - Cruising Down the River
- Cruising Down The River - Jack Smith
- Sunflower - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?