Thursday 19 April 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Patsy, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1928 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Richard Garwin: American physicist, author, wrote "the dangers of nuclear wars" 1979, married once, three children.
- Dick Garwin: American scientist, stated as being the first designer of the H-Bomb.
- Alexis Korner in Paris: France; musician (Blues Inc - "Bootleg Him").
- John Horlock: English engineer and academic (d. 2015).
- Alexis Korner: French-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blues Incorporated and Collective Consciousness Society) (d. 1984).
- Azlan Shah: Azlan Shah of Perak (d. 2014)
- Leonardo Zega: Italian editor of Famiglia Cristana, a magazine for Catholic families. Zega often expressed thoughts a bit too progressive and when his work was protested by the Vatican on 3/01/1997, he was under censure and finally had to leave the journal on 10/15/1998.
- Japanese troops occupies Sjantung-schiereiland
- Yanks are out of 1st place for 1st time since May 1926
- 32nd Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:37:07.8.
- The 125th and final fascicle of the Oxford English Dictionary is published.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1928 and get them!