Thursday 19 April 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexis Korner in Paris and Richard Garwin.
The Patsy, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1928 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Alexis Korner in Paris: France; musician (Blues Inc - "Bootleg Him").
- Richard Garwin: American physicist, author, wrote "the dangers of nuclear wars" 1979, married once, three children.
- Dick Garwin: American scientist, stated as being the first designer of the H-Bomb.
- Leonardo Zega: Italian editor of Famiglia Cristana, a magazine for Catholic families.
- John Horlock: English engineer and academic (d. 2015).
- Alexis Korner: French-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blues Incorporated and Collective Consciousness Society) (d. 1984)
- Azlan Shah: Azlan Shah of Perak (d. 2014)
- Japanese troops occupies Sjantung-schiereiland
- Yanks are out of 1st place for 1st time since May 1926
- 32nd Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:37:07.8.
- The 125th and final fascicle of the Oxford English Dictionary is published.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?