Thursday 25 August 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
G.I. Blues, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1960!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1960 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Ashley Crow: American actress.
- Jane Langdale: Professor of Plant Science at the University of Oxford.
- Georg Zellhofer: Austrian footballer and manager.
- 17th summer olympics opens in Rome
- Demonstrations against Premier Lumumba
- AFL begins placing players' names on back of their jerseys.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Bobby Rydell - Volare
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Donnie Brooks - Mission Bell
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 August 1960 and get them!