Sunday 7 August 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Duchovny and Jacquie O'Sullivan.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Ocean's Eleven, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1960!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1960 ?
- David Duchovny: American actor playing FBI agent Fox Mulder in a popular TV series that made its debut in 1996, "The X-Files.
- Jacquie O'Sullivan: English singer-songwriter (Bananarama and Shillelagh Sisters).
- Rosana Pastor: Spanish actress.
- Wiffi Smith wins LPGA Waterloo Golf Open
- Students stage kneel-in demonstrations in Atlanta, Georgia churches.
- Cote d'Ivoire becomes independent.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?