Tuesday 2 August 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Apollonia [Patricia Kotero] in Santa Monica and Linda Fratianne.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Last Woman on Earth, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1960 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Apollonia [Patricia Kotero] in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Purple Rain).
- Linda Fratianne: American professional figure skater.
- Mona Schulz: American psychiatrist and medical intuitive, she has a degree in neuroanatomy and behavioral neuroscience.
- Linda Fratienne: Northridge sports Champions.
- Neal Morse: American singer and keyboard player (Spock's Beard Transatlantic Yellow Matter Custard and Flying Colors).
- David Yow: American singer-songwriter (Scratch Acid The Jesus Lizard and Qui)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?