Sunday 25 December 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1949 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Simone de Oliveira: Brazilian singer.
- Joe Walker: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Joe Louis Walker: American musician.
- Sissy Spacek in Quitman: Texas, USA; actress (Carrie, Badlands, Coal Miner's Daughter).
- Simone Bittencourt de Oliveira: Singer and icon of the Brazilian music.
- Nawaz Sharif: Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Sissy Spacek: American actress and model who earned an Oscar nomination in 1976 for her role in "Carrie." Her movie and TV films include "Badlands," "Raggedy Man," "Violets Are Blue," "Night Mother," "Crimes of the Heart," and "Coal Miner's Daughter," for which she won an Oscar for Best Actress, 1980.
- Leon Schlesinger: American film producer (Born 1884).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Christmas - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 December 1949 and get them!