Saturday 12 January 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Joker by Steve Miller Band.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1974 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Tor Hetland: Norwegian skier.
- Nina Proll: Austrian actress, singer and dancer.
- Séverine Vandenhende: French judoka, world champion and olympic champion.
- Melanie Chisholm: British singer (Spice Girls).
- Melanie C: English singer-songwriter and actress better known as Melanie C or Mel C. She is one of the five members of the Spice Girls, in which she was nicknamed Sporty Spice.
- Claudia Conserva: Chilean television presenter
- Princess Patricia: of Connaught (Born 1886).
- Joker by Steve Miller Band peaks at #1
- Libya and Tunisia announces they are merging as "Islamic Arab Republic".
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Paul McCartney - Helen Wheels
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Mud - Lonely This Christmas
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Leo Sayer - The Show Must Go On
- The Rubettes - Juke Box Jive
- Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
- Gary Glitter - Oh Yes You're Beautiful
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?