Monday 25 March 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bonnie Bedelia [Culkin] in New York City and Cliff Balsam.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1946 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Bonnie Bedelia [Culkin] in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Die Hard, Heart Like a Wheel, New Land).
- Cliff Balsam: English footballer.
- Daniel Bensaid: French philosopher (d. 2010).
- Gerard John Schaefer: American serial killer (d. 1995).
- Daniel Bensaïd: French philosopher and a leader of the Trotskyist movement.
- Maurice Krafft: French scientist, a specialist in the study of volcanoes. Krafft married fellow geologist Catherine Conrad on 18 August 1970. While they were on a field trip to study the activity of the Unzen volcano in Japan, there was an eruption in which they both were killed, 3 June 1991, at 3:18 pm or 4:10 pm, depending on the source (see link to volcano).
- Cliff Balsom: English footballer
- Stephen Hunter: American author and critic
- Gerard Schaefer: American serial killer (d. 1995)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Phil Harris - The Darktown Poker Club
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?