Sunday 10 March 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gaylord Birch drummer (Reconstruction and Elaine Barr.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1946 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Gaylord Birch drummer (Reconstruction: Honey Dripper).
- Elaine Barr: Scottish owner of a butcher shop in Wishaw along with her husband John and their son Martin, who worked with them.
- Gérard Garouste: French painter, illustrator, and decorator.
- Hiroshi Fushida: Japanese race car driver.
- Mike Hollands: Australian animator and director founded Act3animation.
- Jim Valvano: basketball coach (North Carolina State), dies of cancer at age 47.
- Train derailment kills 185 near Aracaju, Brazil.
- British troops begin withdrawing from Lebanon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 March 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal June Christy)
- Shoo-Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy - Dinah Shore
- Les Brown & His Orchestra - Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief
- Jo Stafford - Day by Day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?