Friday 22 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1946 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Rudy Rucker: American mathematician, computer scientist, science fiction author, and philosopher, and is one of the founders of the cyberpunk literary movement.
- Serge [Ruud: Schaap]; Dutch singer/guitarist (Saskia and Serge).
- Don Chaney: NBA player (Houston Rockets) / coach (Detroit Pistons).
- Richard Faulkner: Baron Faulkner of Worcester English journalist and politician.
- Rivka Golani: Israeli viola player and composer.
- Harry Vanda: Dutch-Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Easybeats and Vanda & Young)
- Penny Thornton: British pro astrologer and author of "Suns and Lovers." In 1990 Penny qualified as a psychotherapist with the School of Therapeutic Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. A smart-looking blonde, her reputation was marred by her public revelations about a famous client, Princess Diana. Many astrologers thought it unethical of her to discuss the private life of her client to the media, and her Faculty Diploma was withdrawn in 1995. Prior to then, she had taught for the Faculty of Astrological Studies and
- Rudy / Rudolf [von Bittner] Rucker: United States -- Sci-fi author (Wetware)
- Clemens A von Galen: bishop of Munster/anti fascist, dies at age 68.
- Britain signs treaty granting independence to Jordan.
- First US rocket to leave the Earth's atmosphere (50 miles up).
- The United Kingdom grants Transjordan, as it is then known, its independence 3 years later the country changes its name to Jordan.quotYear by Year 1946quot – History Channel International
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Phil Harris
- Oh! What it Seemed to Be - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- McNamara's Band - Bing Crosby & Jesters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 March 1946 and get them!