Friday 22 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rudy / Rudolf [von Bittner] Rucker and Serge [Ruud.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1946 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Rudy / Rudolf [von Bittner] Rucker: United States -- Sci-fi author (Wetware).
- Serge [Ruud: Schaap]; Dutch singer/guitarist (Saskia and Serge).
- Rudy Rucker: American mathematician, computer scientist, science fiction author, and philosopher, and is one of the founders of the cyberpunk literary movement.
- Penny Thornton: British pro astrologer and author of "Suns and Lovers.
- Don Chaney: NBA player (Houston Rockets) / coach (Detroit Pistons).
- Richard Faulkner: Baron Faulkner of Worcester English journalist and politician
- Rivka Golani: Israeli viola player and composer
- Harry Vanda: Dutch-Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Easybeats and Vanda & Young)
- Clemens A von Galen: bishop of Munster/anti fascist, dies at age 68.
- Britain signs treaty granting independence to Jordan.
- First US rocket to leave the Earth's atmosphere (50 miles up).
- The United Kingdom grants Transjordan, as it is then known, its independence 3 years later the country changes its name to Jordan.quotYear by Year 1946quot – History Channel International
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Phil Harris
- Oh! What it Seemed to Be - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- McNamara's Band - Bing Crosby & Jesters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?